Monday, July 23, 2018

Well, I just did it. TNR Spriting and minor skills progress.

Hey guys, remember the two monsters I spoiled a few posts ago? Well, I finished a number of their animation sprites.

I made the Dog Slime sprite be less detailed, because that would give me one hell of a job to do all the other frames sprites coloring, aswell as made the Attacking, Hurt and Defeated animation, here a look on how the Dog Slime look right now.


Don't be tricked by it's eyes and silly face, that may be one of the most dangerous monsters in the game, at least right now.

For now I'm going to neglect the Dog Slime monster,  in the future I may post a news talking more about it's animations, because right now the spotlight goes to Cait Sith. Ps:. If I forget to place a spotlight on the Dog Slime, please remember me.

Another monster that also got some more sprites is the Cait Sith, It has gained a proper tail animation for when walking, aswell as attack sprites, check out the animation:

You wont believe, or maybe will believe, but the tail was the hardest part of the animation, If the image weren't blurry, you would see that I have done some extra work on the tail to make the animation look more fluid, and not need me to make the tail move in weird ways during movement.

But the best part of the day was doing the attack animation, I did it right, I'd say, because even I am impressed with how the animation look, but I'll not show that yet, to keep the drama. *evil face*

Alongside the Tail animation while in movement, aswell as the attack animation, I also made an preparing to attack animation... Which actually doesn't seems really cool?

Well, I'm using the main menu to see how the monsters are looking while in battle, so that explains... What you see. (Ps:. Don't mind the fact that the eyes of the Dog Monster is transparent, I'm still studying how to add eye colors on the game, so they have no retina right now, beside saying this makes the monster sounds way more creepy.)

That was intended to be the preparing to do an action animation of the Cait Siths, I did that animation before making the attack animation, but after I did the attack animation and were doing some basic shading on it, I found out that one of the frames from the animation is actually good enough to be the preparing to do an action animation, and so I changed the animation above to:
I got really impressed at how I did that sprite, I guess I could even use that sprite as avatar somewhere in the web, but still, that sprite animation called my atention, most likelly the one where the monster is facing the screen, If I keep doing cool sprites for the monsters, soon you guys will have one interesting looking combat, beside the sprites...

Anyway, about the sprite is my opnion, maybe someone will dislike the sprite, and that person may probably be you.

On other hand, I've also made a change on how the skills will handle the attack animation, when the monster is created in the database, It will bind the animation id of the monster that will be used on the skill, so when the skill goes on effect, the animation will be used when necessary, the animation itself wont have impact on the skill effect, like damage and etc, but at least will make the skills more livelly, I  guess that is how it is said?

In the battle planning, I still have a number of things to do, includding adding a proper interface to the battle, aswell as making so the battle isn't confusing to find out whose team is which, or whose monster is from who, because right now, I wonder if you can distinguish from which team is each monster, beside thanks to the Kangaroo Mob that wont be too hard to find out, sigh...

Well, until next news.

Oh, anyway, as a kind of extra, I'm not really the kind of guy who'd spend more time spriting than programming, but in my case, I used a technique that is actually working, involves listening to some radio, aswell as when procastination tries to attack when you're doing something, just think of that ad motto, "Just do it!", you'll feel like continuing what you were doing, and when you notice, you already did a lot.

I've been able to do wonders due to that phrase, because seriously, just do it, don't think.

Edit:. Talking about the avatar, here it goes.
 Hehe, I still can do a few tricks with Paintm beside the shadow on the center of the body is weirdly placed :/, gotta check that out later.

No comments:

Post a Comment