Thursday, August 9, 2018

Diving in bugs and glitches on TNR project.

Well, not sure how to begin this news, there wont be any spoiler photo right now, because I prefer to show it at works when It's actually somewhat working.

I've been working on the skill system of the game, trying to implement skill casting, aswell as trying to implement animations to the project, right now, both are heavily bugged, for some reason the monsters decides to say "s**** spell casting" and launches the skill right away, on other side, the skill animation positioning is a bit glitchy, because of the way the positioning works when drawing on the map, and to finish the sum, the animations right now have a frame of delay before playing it entirelly, because If I change the way It plays the animation, bugs will happen, even more if the drawing frames per second is higher than the updating frames per second.

Anyway, the Kangaroo Monster and the Cait Sith has gained already their Casting and Launching animations, the Dog head monster will recieve it in the future.

On other news, I'm thinking about beggining to work on a new monster to the project, but I'm still trying to get ideas about it, maybe I should check out the old text only monsters the project used to have for ideas. I know I could try to make the monster sprites using as base the images the old spriter has made for the project, but I don't think that it's really ethical to do something like that without his permission, even more since he hardworked to make the sprites, I know that.

I also am thinking about animations I could do for the existing monsters, so the number of different attacks exists somewhat, I've made an animation of a double punch for the Kangaroo Monster, some animations I plan on doing are a Upper Cut and a Tail Smash attack, maybe even a Body Slam attack animation aswell, even more since the Body Slam attack surelly would need only 1 frame.

Anyway, this was all for today's news. Let's hope the bugs will be squished on the next news, hehe.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment