Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Update on monster sprites on the TNR project.

Hey guys, another update on the project, now It's about the monsters animation and sprites, as I mentioned before, the animations for the monsters are going to be isometric since they are... Well, I wouldn't say anymore easier, beside It isn't really that hard to make, counting also that sometimes I leaves me scratching my head wondering how an animation would play, anyway, instead of making 3 directional animation, or map animations + battle animations, I made so battle and field animations are going to be on the same animation set, so the monster walking in the field will have the same animation as the monster walking on the battle, not only that, but the animations has a oposite direction counter part animation, and no, I'm not talking about left and right animations, I'm talking about front and back animations.

One of the animations I want to show, is the one of the Kangaroo Monster, the creature doesn't really have a proper name right now, so let's leave as it is for now, beside I'm kinda open for suggestions.
Some of the animations I've made for the Kangaroo Monster are:
Standing (which is only a frame):


Walking (10 frames):



Attacking [Punching] (3 frames):


Hurt (1 frame):



Those currently are the animations for the Kangaroo Monster, I've made them with some care, so I tried to make so the body parts don't feel so much exquisite when animating, aswell as applied some basic shading, the reason why the shading isn't really pointing to an extreme (ex: isn't like coming from the top right) is because I feel that leaving the shading like that gives an idea of body depth, rather than lighting, beside there are a few exceptions to that, like the face of the Kangaroo, the paws and the belly.

A few other monsters I've made for the project are, beside reminding that their names may not be final, at least without counting the cat but, who knows...

Dog Slime Monster

I only did the shading for the frontal animation, Oops, beside you can see I leaved a flaw on the frontal sprite, oops too.

Cait Sith Monster

Probably isn't a spy from some evil corporation, beside now that I placed the image here, I noticed that there are a few coloring bugs on that animation aswell, at least on the back animation.

Those errors happened because I were trying to do modifications on the monsters bodies to make the anatomic of them look less... Weird. If you saw the first sprite I did about the Cait Sith... Wait, better not even mention though.

Anyway, that's all for today's update on the project, until next news.

No comments:

Post a Comment