Sunday, July 1, 2018

A quick update on battle system progress.

Today I'm gonna post a quick update, because I'm going asleep in a few moments, It's about 6am here and I should be on the bed right now.

Anyway, I've worked more on the battle system (not exactly today though, through out the days after the last update), made a basic skill system for the project right now, which is useable and works, made the skill "Punch" to debug it, beside It of course will be in the final game, I've also worked some more on the way the battle monsters are tracked for skill usage, so when the project gains multiplayer, will be less head achey to sync the battle, beside I still need to do some work on the "divergence" of players and npcs in the future, since I don't want the game to pick the wrong player/npc/monster on multiplayer because of ID problems.

Another battle change is that I also added a basic skill picking AI for the monsters, they right now will only cast the skill Punch, but in the future, I'll expand that so they pick the skills more wiselly, aswell as the target depending on skill and situation. Thanks to the animations and the testings, the walking, attacking, hurt and defeat animations are working as intended in battle, but without effects, the battle is quite boring to watch.

The battle also gained some backgrounds, aswell as a special vector to handle rotations, the rotations will not only affect the monsters, but also the background, on the image bellow shows the battle arena at some degree of Y rotation, making so the grassy area is limited, and the dirt layer be exposed.

Sorry for the color selection on the dirt layer, took me a while to notice that the "Brown" XNA offers is not the "Brown" I wanted. I've also added a basic hud for monster status display, which is not visible in the photo, even more since It's kind of pointless to display in the photo, since It's purpose for now is just to debug the skills dealing damage or not (and yes, they do deal damage, level 100 Kangaroo Mobs deal one good damage on their punch attacks).

Anyway, that's all for today's news, I said it was going to be a quick news, and ended up that I made a full news on what changed in the project.

Now I gotta go, since in about 20 minutes, will be 7am, and I don't want to be scolded for going asleep too late.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment