Saturday, October 6, 2018

Some changes on the project and a look at the Dog Monster

Latelly I've had some solid updates on the project, but first, I'll talk about someone I promissed I should talk about, but been delaying for long.

First, I'll talk about the changes on the project.

I've made the structure of drawing on the game be more diverse for me, I can separate in layers what should be in front or in the back of the monster sprites in combat, and also added some new animations for some monsters, for you to see them, I would need to make a video, something I still need to take the initative into making.

The project now has some sound effects that most likelly will be played during the battle, when a skill needs it.

Added 2 new magic spells, the Frost and Lightning spells.

About the magic spells, I'm trying to make them make sense, so doesn't actually happen that, for example, a frost spell would be actually blocks of ice falling from the sky and crushing the monster, that actually sounds like as the monster got hurt because were crushed, not because were hurt by the low temperature.

Currently, the three magic spells in the game does:
  • Fireball
    • Shots a fireball that hurts the foe, exploding on impact.
  • Frost
    • Launches artic cold wind at the foe.
  • Thunder
    •  A cloud spawns above the monster and strikes the monster with a thunder bolt.
They require quite an amount of mana, but I'll need to tweak them and think how to make them fitting, and worth using in combat, and not be just another attack, or the kind of thing you may forget that exists. Beside their usefulness will come when I get the new Status system working, since they will be somewhat related to buffs and debuffs.

I also tested the new Sub Effects system that some skills may have, the current existing sub effect that a skill can have is Absorb, and as you can wonder, It absorbs part of the health (or stamina/mana) removed from the target monster, and converts into health (read the parenthesis above) to the caster. This can lead to some vampire like skills, or to skills that restores some monster health at the expense of the caster health.

And now, as promissed, let's talk about the monster I forgot to talk about, the Dog Monster.
This guy here, you should not be deceived by It's "cute" look, or innocent face, because It's one dangerous predator in the game, It just needs to open it's mouth and boom! It's victim turns into it's meal.

In case you manage to befriend one, you'll have the best friend ever as your ally, and a dangerous creature to use in combat, or at least saying to the foe.

Both the Dog Monster and the Big Foot monsters contains the same size, so both have the same status boost in combat.



 And for now, that's all, the Dog Monster still needs a number of other attacks, since currently it has 2 (beside some other monsters also needs more attack animations, like the Cait Sith and the Dog Mage monsters), one of the attacks I plan on adding is a Tackle (or Body Slam? Better saying), It will jump and bump on the target monster, hurting by hitting the target monster with it's weight, now for the other attack... No idea yet, I still need to think, maybe shot laser from the eyes? Ok, that is ridiculous.

Anyway, I wonder what monster I'll talk to next time, either the Dog Mage or the Big Foot, beside based on the monster database, the Dog Mage comes before the Big Foot, so probably I'll talk about that guy.

Meanwhile, there is a new monster being sprited, wait some more time and you'll find out what kind of monster I'm creating.

Until next news. And let's hope in the future news I bring a new video of the project. Beside I still need to work on the rpg part of the game...

No comments:

Post a Comment