Friday, October 19, 2018

New player hair design and combat script changes on TNR Project.

Hey guys, another news about the TNR Project.

This week I've been working quite slowly on the project, due to the fact that I had some "side things" to do, and no, they weren't related to my other projects (beside I've been neglecting them a bit latelly, even more since I'll have to redo a number of them T.T), that resulted in me not having much time to spend on the project.

Even though I didn't had much time to spend on the project, that doesn't means I didn't do anything, one thing I did was to rework the player hair, and work a bit on the script of their drawing, so things like this can happen.
Those are the hair style for both male and female players, or at least for the first hairstyle of both, I will have to rework the male first hair because, I need to make it less a thing of the 80~90's age, maybe If I remove a bit of hair it will be ok.

Also, due to the teaser photo, I noticed a problem with the shirt logo (the one the woman is using), It seems like the pants ate part of it, anyway, I'll get to fix that.

Another thing I've worked on, is that now the portraits of monsters will show correctly on the... Portraits. For the Kangaroo Mob there is no actual change, but for bigger monsters like the Big Foot and others, their faces were kind of cutdown, and placed in a weird way on the portraits.

I've also fixed a bug related to the buffs, I've accidentally placed the script of updating buffs inside the script of checking of monsters skill were active, so if a monster had more skills than another, that monster would recieve the effects of the buff faster than the other monsters, now that bug has entered to history, since it's no longer happening, that also lead me into fixing a bug where the buff animations wouldn't work correctly if the battle ended, since their animation would freeze, due to the fact that the counter was at the battle updating script. Now the counter for the buff animation will update with the drawing system, avoiding "statue" effect.

I've also been working on making the combat less "turn by turn", so instead of one monster attacking at a time, I'm trying to make so if the next attacking monsters are attacking different monsters, and not being attacked, they will attack at the same time, that will make the combat faster, but It's still bugged, and I still have some fixing to do on it, even more since It isn't following my plan correctly and making everyone attack when they wanted.

Those are today's news, I'll have to do some bug bashing possibly before continuing the development, but right now, things are going ok on the project.

Until next time.

Edit:. I forgot to tell, but the hair sprite no longer has the 32x32 size limit, like it had on the first game, now I can make longer hairs, like the one the female character in the image is using.

No comments:

Post a Comment