Saturday, October 27, 2018

Critical and Miss on TNR

Hey guys, It's been a short time since I released the video showing the battle system on the project, right?

Well, I'm bringing some news, I've been able to make the system where multiple monsters can attack in the same turn works, beside It's really exquisite the fact that I had to do a slightly more different code checking to make it work, unless the pointer system I've made to find out whose monster is who is bugged, now if the monster is not using a multi target skill, and both the user and targetted monsters aren't being affected by another monster skill, the monster will attack regardless of the fact that there is another monster attacking, or not. That will speed up the battle a bit, but I feel like I'm going to rework the interface to make it more accessible and informational to the player when is requested to take an action.

The battle interface is also going to get a rework, I'll have to fit Health, Special Power and Stamina on the same hud chunk, aswell as the ATB progress, challenging, isn't?

Critical and Miss rates are also under development, I'm trying to make them not be so frequent, but still make so the base status influence greatly on their rates, so if the monster has a high AGI and DEX status, the monster will have a higher evasion rate than a monster with lower of each status.
And due to the fact that the Critical on lower levels is somewhat Overkill, I tested to lower the skills effect damage, and the game turned a bit boring due to that, I'll increase that later back to normal, or try to find a point where it is actually fair for the gameplay and still fun.

Another thing that will be coming in the future is the Lucky dodge, compared to the Miss rate, It's chance isn't affected by any other status, only by the affected one's solid Luck points, It may end up triggering when being attacked by an enemy, nullifying any effect of the ability.

Also, since I added a system of miss rate to the game, I didn't forget to add special scripts to the skill effects for the case of the skill missing, so the monster will jump away from the attack distance if the attack will miss, or dodge a bolt of skill before it's effect reaches the monster. This will make the combat equaly interesting and frustrating, depending on who called the attack.

Remember the trees that appeared in the video, well, I changed that and they look... A lot less... Weird?
I guess I'll have to take care of their "bipolarities"...

Well, that's all for today's news, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment