Friday, March 22, 2019

The "don't look at me!" update, aggro system and capture on TNR project.

Hey guys, I'm back with some TNR news.

I've been reworking a few things on the project, alongside implementing new things, like the fact that depending on the map you are at, monsters will now have aggro on you, depending on how near to them you are, so if you stay close to a monster for too long, you'll be in troubles.

Currently the game gives you a signal for when the monster is about to try attacking you, It will first start staring at you, even will change the direction look depending on where you are compared to the monster, after a few time has passed, it will begin to chase you. The same may also be valid for npcs, so if npcs are in the view range of a monster, it will try to attack. Now I guess you get why I called it the "don't look at me!" update.

A way of avoiding being chased by the monster, is by getting away from it's view range, It will eventually forget about you and return to it's wandering state.


The video also shows a few monsters that were added in the game, as time has passed.

Currently, it's also even more dangerous if more than one monster aggros you, because they will not mind if you are in battle or not, they will join the battle and try to attack you too, even if you are out numbered. I will need to think what I will add to make so the monsters either respect or not if you will be outnumbered in battle, that may also include a system to make so sometimes monsters may come to aid you in combat, too. Maybe that will be related to the monster personal behavior and map setting?

I've also implemented a Capture system to the game (Beside by the way it works, looks more like a Persuasion or something system), the percentage of success on the capture is related to the level and the size of the monsters in the team, so if for example you have a team of 3 medium sized monsters at level 1, you will have difficulty trying to convince an extra large level 1 monster, but It's possible, even if you level up your team for a better rate.


The capture system is planned to pass through changes, since currently, It doesn't care about the turn, so It's instantaneous the attempt of capture. I will attempt to change that so It's controlled by a monster skill, so there could be different capture methods you could acquire, or even monsters that are more into the socialization part of battle.

The status system is also passing through another rework, I'm trying to make it use less big numbers as level increases, following the original idea, so a level 100 character compared to a level 1 character wont have, for example, thousands of health, that could be game breaking.

Well, that's all for today's news, I kind of wonder what you guys think of the new monsters in the game, that were leaked in the videos, If you leave a comment telling your thoughts about them, I'd be happy.

Also, I've had to retry recording the videos quite a number of times, because I kept forgetting to turn off the media player when recording, so yeah, I've had to restart the video recording several times, but at least I were able to do and release them! Yay!!

Until next news.

No comments:

Post a Comment