Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Is it dead? No!

Hey guys, you may be wondering why I passed about 2 weeks without posting anything about the project, well, I'm taking a little break of programming, so I'm spending my time... Doing other stuffs.

The project didn't gained much progress latelly, but I've been trying to implement the counter attack system, which you may wonder what will do, a monster that is taking the action will attempt to attack, the other monster will dodge and then use another attack to counter it, causing the attacking monster to be hurt, while the attacked monster will gain no injury, beside that depends on the effects the skill offers.

Now that I'm talking about this, what if I talk more about how it works? Counter attacks will be dependant on the skills the monster currently have selected to use in combat, for example: The Kangaroo Mob has the Punch skill assigned to be used in combat, but that skill is also a Counter attack skill, when the monster is getting attacked by another monster, there is a chance that when the monster attack misses, the victim will counter attack using Punch.

The counter attack isn't limited to only one skill, you may end up having more than one counter attack skills disponible for your monster to pick, but during the counter attack, the monster will pick one of those skills to then use on the enemy, and the best part, is that counter attacking does not discount Stamina or SP, so your tactic isn't broken if your monster does a "unintended counter attack".

More kinds of skills are planned too, aswell as different effects on how they are triggered in combat, but I still need to think how I'll make it work.


Currently, that is all, maybe in a few weeks I'll show some good progress, with photos.
Anyway, I've been spriting a new monster, but I'm thinking, those monsters I add to the game doesn't really look like monsters, so maybe I should attempt to make them less.. Related to real world animals.

Well, until next news.

No comments:

Post a Comment