Saturday, July 7, 2018

And the battle intensifies on NTNR Project.

Today was one interesting day for the battle development of the project, I've been able to
change the ugly plain colors for the backgrounds for tiled images, whose tiled images that resulted into this...

Quite cool, isn't? I made that design based on a boat, beside when It's in a photo, you can see that is abit ugly the sprites of the new battle floor.

Another thing you may notice in the image above, is that the characters will enter a "preparing attack" pose when they have an action scheduled, and when we talk about action scheduling, the first thing that comes in mind is ATB Battle System, yes, the project is going to use ATB as battle system because of the ease and simplicity to play, aswell as will not hinder the gameplay when on multiplayer, who knows when another player will think too much to take an action?

Also, when the monsters have their HP on 0, they will play a defeated animation, which is the animation the Kangaroos above are playing right now, that they are actually lying on the floor, I didn't had much idea of perspective for the Kangaroo defeat pose, so I leaved that as it is shown in the image above, until I get some idea of making the sprite better.

I've also made a battle sprite for grassy areas, at it resulted into this:

To make the grassy floor sprite less plain, I added a few dots, and I don't know if you noticed, but the center area of the grass stretches based on the battle angle, which also explains why I made the boat layout to the battle and spoiled it above, but in this case, there is no fence on sight.

But then there were something bothering me a lot, there has been weeks I've been debugging the battle system, while seeying the monsters colors being gray scale, then I decided to do some work on their coloring, I noticed that the Kangaroo colors are kind of variants of Red and Green, so I've made a range coloring system for them to pick their color randomly when creating a new monster, and since the game color picking system is basically in multiples of 16, I created the Hexadecimal Color, which aids me into creating and handling the coloring of almost everything in the game, includding player outfits, and resulted into this:
Do notice that I've changed aswell the animation of preparing to attack, now It look's better, I've also added a few new animations to the monster, like Defending (there is no use right now), and a few others, anyway, the result is quite ok, but I believe I'll have to check up the tone of the Kangaroos fur later.

Anyway, since I've won today's fight, the mission is complete, time to do the victory dance and then take a break for today, until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment