Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Colorful world on TNR Project.

Battle, battle, battle, battle, battle. I guess even you is getting tired of so many Battle related news, then I've changed that a bit right now, I'll talk 50% of Battle and 50% of the map.

First of all, I speculated on Terraria forums about changing the coloring of the monsters to not be related to the animal the monster has taken base of, and instead take a random rgb color to use as skin, so if you want a blue or pink kangaroo monster, you may have, but need to find it on the world.


I've also changed a few codes on the part of the script that handles the monster direction sprite, so I wont need to make a special code on the drawing script to make the monster look upwards when... Looking upward.

I've also made changes to the monsters that roam the fields, so I can leave a bit all that air of "Battle, battle, battle", changed their field sprites, aswell as made their animation work normally, beside I've already scripted part of the field animation handling script, had to mess a bit more on the codes to make the animation work as intended on the field, and resulted into this...

Look's ridiculous, right? Well, It I scaled the monster twice the size, would be far more ridiculous, you know what that means? That means I'll have to change the Player textures too, increase them in size to fit the monster sprite size, which means that in scale 1x1, from 16x16 pixels tamer sprite, I'll have to do 32x32, maybe that will lead to a more detailed sprite and animation.... And more work to me, since I doubt the maps will keep up the pace with the new Tamer sprites...

Anyway, that is all for today's news, enjoy the night, and until next time. (Crap, didn't rhymed)

No comments:

Post a Comment