Sunday, May 5, 2019

"I guess I should take a break of battles..." TNR News

Hey guys, nothing much really happened in the gap of time since last news until now, mostly what happened were a few tweaks on the game systems and stuff.

Currently, I believe I'll give a break on working at the battle system of the project, because everytime I work on it to fix an issue, 3 pops up, and that were eventually making me stop the mod development for the day. So I'll try working on other things instead, for example, I'm spriting a new monster, and this one isn't humanoid looking.

Meet the Pixel.


The pixel is going to be a Small sized monster, and currently the attack I sprited is Biting, in the future, I plan on adding a cast animation that will use It's antenaes to cast the spells, and I may end up also adding body attacks, like Tackle or Body Slam.

I'm going to try to create some monsters that aren't actually humanoid looking, but some of them may come being humanoid. Also, a number of those monsters are planned to be Small or Extra Small sized, because that kind of monster will be more predominant in early regions of the game, so when the player just starts the game, or is about to level up a new monster, the player have the option of doing so without many problems.

If you are asking "Why leaving Small and Extra Small monsters on low level regions would make things easier?", I'll tell you why: A good number of updates ago, the creatures sizes impacts, like a LOT, in their base status, so a Large creature will be physically stronger than a Small creature.

Now you might be asking "Wait, if the Large creatures are stronger than small creatures, then what is the point of having smaller creatures in the party?", I'll tell you why: Because even though the Large monsters can be physically stronger, they wont be faster, or even be in higher number than Smaller creatures, even more since I plan allowing the player to carry more creatures in the party If the player party is composed mostly of Small creatures.

Well, that's all for today's news, see you guys, on the next news.
Actually, I wont see, since this blog page doesn't have eyes, and Blogger statistics only tell me how many people have read the post, and the statistic based on countries. But whatever.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment