Monday, July 29, 2019

TNR Short Break and Terraria Companion Mod news.

Hello there, I'm back and with some news, whose at least one you may not like much. Let's start talking about the TNR Project.

I'm currently giving a break on TNR project, the break might be short, but right now, I don't really want to touch it. I know that I'll have to resprite a good number of monsters, but that's not much of a challenge for me, beside, that's not the reason for the break, I've been working on it for quite some time anyway, but not as much to explain the break... Well, I'll tell later in this post the reason of the break, as for continuing the TNR news:

I've got an idea of how I could split the graphical part of the skills from the animations, but to make that work, I'll need to think about how I'll do that.
My idea is to leave the update part to handle the time of the skill (which is really light on processing), and leave the harder part, the graphical stuff and monster placement for the drawing script.

Doesn't sounds so bad, right? The problem is that I'll have to rework a lot of scripts, includding the walking system to make the skill animations work correctly, and not cause bugs on the game. The pro is that the battle will be only a bit demanding if a local player (by local player, I mean the user(s) on the pc) is currently watching or participating of it.

As for the other news, the Terraria update is taking quite some time to come, beside possibly wont come until either the end of the year, or until next year. So I've been trying to make up with tModLoader and try making some mods. So, are you thinking that I'm working on the newest season of N Terraria on it, right? Then you're wrong. :P

Actually, what I'm working on is more related to the npplayers from the mod than with leveling and stuff. I'm working on a companion mod, which adds a giant creature that can assist you in combat. The creature has it's own equipments and items, whose It will use depending on it's situation or necessity. Also counting that I've added a friendship level system, so doing it's requests rises the friendship, and rising the friendship level may allow you to do some more actions with your creature.

You may check out a video I made of it trying to slam the Queen Bee by using a tree as a weapon.
A lot of things has changed on the companion systems since the video was released, It even is able to use ranged weapons to attack foes.

As for the mod release and stuff, It might be coming any time in the future, I really want it to be ready before I launch it for the public. Until then, well... Try getting a pet on Terraria and teach it to attack enemies.

Until next news.

Edit:. Ps:. I've been trying to post this news has about 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment