Monday, January 7, 2019

A Demi open game? Good or bad idea?

I've been wondering for some time about the possibility of allowing the graphics of TNR game be editable, so you aren't bound to the original game graphics, and can add or create your own to enhance your game experience, the idea is still in a draft, but I kind of wonder how it would work.

I dunno if XNA would allow me to do that, or even if the idea would be welcome, beside, I don't have anything to hide graphically related. Now about the game codes, of course I can't, or else in case I get multiplayer to work in the game, It would be a hack heaven. So It's not a good idea to have the game codes open aswell, beside If could, I wonder how I would do that...

Beside there is a feature that I still am wondering if will need player script or not, but not only I wont discuss about it now, but I wont also work on it now, or at least until some time after the game release, which is also unknown.

On other news, I've been working on improving the new cait sith attack animation, the old attack animation was bad, I tried making the new one better.

The first frame is also the new standing animation, and I didn't placed basic shading on the rest of the animations, the animation still doesn't look great, but at least look better than the old animation, the old animation would look nice if the game were metroidvania, but It's a monster training/adventure game.

Well, that's all for today news. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment